Serving Plymouth, Manomet, Pine Hills, Cedarville, Buzzards Bay, & Sagamore Beach MA
Our Pet Sitters
Pam R., Owner of Just Around The Corner Pet Sitting
- I live in Plymouth, MA where I am owned by my wonderful rescue animal “children”, Misha, a sweet Newfoundland and my two cats Toby and Fenwick. Over the years, I have fostered many dogs for the Newfoundland Rescue Organization.
- In addition, I proudly assist shelters in finding just the right connection for the many strays in need of love and companionship. I have taken classes in pet first aid and CPR and am trained in administering medications, injections and fluids.
- Over the years, my interests have taken me to many facets of life. But, throughout all of these experiences, my love and passion for animals has always been first and foremost and has never wavered. Proudly, since starting my business here in Plymouth, MA in 2008, my pet sitting service has grown from a one-person company, to a wonderful team of employees who care for all the kitties, dogs and pets that we have the honor of taking care of every day. Many clients have expressed that our services bring them peace of mind, knowing their pets are in capable, loving, and caring hands. If given the opportunity, we will care for your pets just as we treat our own, with total love and affection. In addition, we will do so with the utmost respect for your animals and your home.
- As one of my clients said in a recent testimonial: “Thank you very much for your kind services, your dedication to people and pets, and the overall commitment to excellence that you exude in all aspects of your conduct and with the staff you employ.” ! Thank you for taking the time to look at our website and we look forward to meeting you and taking care of all your pet’s needs!
- Certified Pet First Aid Instructor
“I care not for a man’s religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it.” Abraham Lincoln
Meet the Pet Care Coordinator
- I have lived in Plymouth for more than 25 years, and am owned by my beautiful cats (Susie, Blue, Lily and Sasha).
- I started several years ago as a customer of Just Around the Corner, and quickly became a huge fan. When I found out that Pam needed help around the office, I was excited to bring my teaching, organizing, and office experience to become part of the team.
- In my other life I am a 20+ year massage therapist, and I have taught massage and run a massage therapy program at Cape Cod Community College and other massage schools.
- My cat, Crystal, who died a few years ago at age 18, taught me to use my training in Reiki and Craniosacral therapy with all of my clients. She also taught me to slow down and enjoy sitting with the flowers.
- Pet First Aid Certified
“A meow massages the heart.” – Stuart McMillan
Meet our HR and Social Media Mentor
Sarah Jane T.
- Having grown up in Arkansas my love of animals started at a very young age. From dogs to donkeys I have always embraced the spirit animals have and what their love can teach me.
- After my husband and I made the move from Boston to Manomet in May of 2017 I was looking for a new line of work. Something more in line with my love of life. Who better to show a person how to live and love than an animal?!
- I am incredibly thankful that life has led me to more four-legged friends than I could have ever imagined.
- Pet First Aid Certified
“I am not an activist; I do not look for controversy. I am not a political person, but I am a person with compassion. I care passionately about equal rights. I care about human rights. I care about animal rights.” ~Ellen DeGeneres
Meet the Pet Sitters
- I grew up with dogs, cats, turtles and guinea pigs. While raising my two children, I had a black Labrador Retriever named Duke who LOVED people, especially me and my kids. After Duke, I had a chocolate Lab named Shadow. We have also had several hamsters because we wanted our children to love all animals.
- I have lived in Plymouth for over 30 years. I love this area of Plymouth (Cedarville) because of its ponds and beaches. I like the fact that we are close to the canal, Cape Cod, Bourne and Buzzards Bay and all of Plymouth, MA.
- Right now I own a little Jack Russell Terrier mix named Frankie. Frankie was a Rescue dog and he is the Joy of my Life. My little boy. I cannot imagine not owning a dog. I think I will always have a dog and maybe someday a cat.
- I cannot wait to meet your furry friend/pet. Please know that your dog or cat (pet) is in good hands with the love I have for all animals.
- Pet First Aid Certified
“I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive.” ~ Gilda Radner
- Ruth and I raised our four children in Braintree along with one or more Springer Spaniels as our fifth child. The kids loved the dogs but they also had mice, gerbils, rabbits, hamsters, snakes, crickets and various other pets along the way. It was sort of a little zoo at times.
- I retired from a career in technology a few years ago and love having more time with our Springer Spaniel Jessie. She is getting older now, and starting to slow down just a little bit although she still runs for the door as soon as I pick up her leash.
- I love walking dogs and meeting new breeds that I never had the pleasure to be around. Each one is different and special in their own way. I look forward to doing this for many years to come.
“You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, ‘My God, you’re right! I never would’ve thought of that!'” ~ Dave Barry
- I have lived in Plymouth for most of my life, now married with a teenaged son. I enjoy spending time with my family and friends, listening to many kinds of music, and reading books and newspapers. I am an avid sports fan, especially hockey and football. My two favorite teams are the Bruins and the Patriots.
- I have had a series of rescue dogs, including Mazzy, Lloyd and our current pups Roxy and Riyah. Our animals are a big part of our family. I enjoy taking them out for walks around the neighborhood and going for rides. The dogs are always with us, either outside in the yard or downstairs in the playroom watching TV and hanging out with the family.
- After being a real estate paralegal for almost twenty years, I chose to make a career change into animal care. I’ve always been passionate about animals, especially dogs. I have had dogs for most of my life. I frequently watch my family & friends’ dogs when they go on vacation.
- I look forward to meeting many, many more animals while working at Just Around the Corner. I will treat your animals with the utmost care and respect, as though they are one of my own.
“A dog can express more with his tail in minutes than his owner can express with his tongue in hours” ~Anonymous.
- Born in England, immigrated to the US with my parents, moved to Plymouth to be closer to them when they got sick. Love the town, hate the summer traffic!
- Have had a parade of cats in my life: Sooty, Pinkie, MIsty, Jasper, Baby, Bear, Stripes, Teddy, Simba and my most recent fur baby, Pippa. Always wanted a dog, but couldn’t have one, so I am more than happy to take care of YOUR fur baby!
- Have watched other people’s pets for years — including dogs, cats, fish, guinea pigs, ferrets, big and small birds, snakes, rabbits, even hermit crabs!
- I am a stroke survivor, caused by an undetected heart defect. My recovery is ongoing, taking over 2 years to recover the ability to speak in complete sentences. I have no physical issues at all – my handicap is in speech and writing. Working with animals is a great option for me because they are not bothered by my aphasia, which means that sometimes my speech is garbled or I pause when I am thinking about what to say and how to say it. I truly believe the animals sense my speech issues and can see past them.
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.” ~ Gandhi
- I have worked as a caretaker my entire adult life — CNA for the elderly, child care provider at a daycare, massage therapist and energy work practitioner. I also study and practice yoga, Tai Chi/Qigong, and meditation. This helps keep the positive energy flowing! I am excited to continue my care-giving path with a career in pet care.
- I grew up in Sagamore and have lived in Plymouth for over 10 years. I have a teenaged son and a daughter who is a civil engineer.
- Growing up our family always had hunting dogs. They required very disciplined training. Because of this it was ingrained in me at a very young age how to treat and handle dogs and all animals. In high school I worked at a boarding kennel with my mother, which boarded up to 50 cats and 200 dogs. I loved it there!
- I have one cat now, Loki. I don’t have dogs of my own, so I live vicariously through my best friend and her two dogs, Cooper and Cali, who are in the picture with me. They know me as “Auntie Dina”; I love them so much, and they know it! I look forward to helping you to care for your precious pride and joy – your furry little friends.
“A furever friend doesn’t hold grudges, pass judgement, hate or discriminate. They love unconditionally, and that’s all they want in return!”
- Recently retired from Active Duty military service and moved back to the South Shore to reconnect with family and friends. This is such a dream opportunity to work with animals as I begin my next chapter in life. During my service I had the opportunity to work with numerous breeds of animals both large and small.
- I currently have two amazing rescue dogs. Charlie is a Border collie mix and Nikko is a Chihuahua mix. We love exploring the trails, beaches and restaurants as I get reacquainted with this beautiful area of Massachusetts.
- As a member of the JAC team I look forward to caring for and treating your pet as a member of my loving family.
- Pet First Aid Certified
“An animal’s eyes have the power to speak a great language.” Martin Buber
- I grew up in Weymouth, where my parents both bred and showed Shih tzus – 12 of them! You might say dogs run in my blood. My childhood dog was a Collie named Prince. My children grew up with a black Lab named Axel. Right now we have a rescue dog called Bishop. He is a Rottie/Pit and he is a so sweet
- Dance has been my life. I was a Theater and Dance major, and have owned and run a dance studio. Over the years I achieved many accolades for dance, including dancing for the USFL and as a New England Patriots dancer.
- I have lived in Plymouth for the past 20 years with my family, including my husband and two grown children, and of course my dog, “The Bishop”.
- I am enjoying adding your pets to my “family”, and look forward to spending more time with them!
“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” ~ Will Rogers
- Before moving to Plymouth several years ago I lived and raised my six children in Sandwich. My family’s love for animals and owning lots of land allowed us to nurture horses, chickens, rabbits, dogs and cats and a goat.
- Maneuvering a school bus through the town of Sandwich, picking up 60 children and getting them to and from school safely was my responsibility for 10 years. I then entered the fitness industry, working 25 years as a group fitness instructor and personal trainer.
- Retired now, I still have lots of energy to expend. JAC is a great opportunity for me to lovingly walk dogs and care for cats. I am so lucky to have so many animals to befriend. This is a job that, although some days I may be a little tired, at day’s end nothing is more gratifying.
- Pet First Aid Certified
- I have lived in Plymouth for more than 15 years, most recently as a stay at home mom. I have always loved being around animals – especially dogs. There is definitely canine DNA in my soul.
- I am Mom to three beautiful girls — my daughter Tatiana, who is the light of my life; a chocolate lab Caina – the protector of the family; and a black Lab named Dahlia – just the snuggliest sweetest pup you will ever want to meet.
- I enjoy spending time with my family, crafting with polymer clay, reading, singing, dancing and I am a huge Harry Potter and Star Wars fan.
- I am very grateful for the opportunity to meet so many new and awesome fuzzy friends and get to spend time doing what I love!
“We cannot know what will occur. Just make the journey worth the taking. And pray we’re wiser than we were in the beginning.” From the musical Children of Eden
- I grew up surrounded by multiple fur babies. I was in 4H and raised sheep, cows, rabbits, horses, and lots of other critters! We even had a donkey at one point. Animals make me happy. There is just something about their unconditional love and innocence that is unlike anything else.
- I have lived in Plymouth for more than 13 years and am currently owned by our puppy Elsie, a Jack Russell/Australian Shepherd Mix. We got Elsie after losing our 10-year old Cairn Terrier Tank to Lymphoma after a 2-year battle including Chemotherapy and other treatments. Losing Tank is what brought me to JAC. I thought we would be taking a break from Dogs for a bit (my boyfriend is allergic and I agreed to take a year off…What was I thinking?!) I applied at JAC with the hope of giving my love of fur babies to other people’s fur babies.
“Until one has loved an animal a part of one’s soul remains un-awakened.” ~Anatole France
- Plymouth has been my home for almost 24 years and for 14 of those years I have had a dog. First, I had Bernese Mountain Dog, Tank, and now a Great Pyrenees/Black Lab mix, Dozer. The 4 months between them made me realize I can never live without a dog or animal in my home again. Dogs really do make a house, a home.
- I graduated from Plymouth South High School in 2014 and Lasell College in 2018, with a Bachelors degree in Graphic Design and Photography. I lived at College in Newton, MA for four years.
- Not having my dog around at college left me with a void I had to fill so I started walking dogs between classes and other responsibilities. Any day I got to walk or care for a dog was a great day. It was always rewarding to see the excitement the dogs had when they saw me. I am so excited to have such a rewarding job again, here at Just Around the Corner!
- Pet First Aid Certified
“My fashion philosophy is, if you’re not covered in dog hair, your life is empty.” – Elayne Boosler
- I graduated from Watertown High and worked with dogs for over 2 years in that area. It was the best experience!
- I love hanging out with friends and hiking with our dogs, and I like going to the beach. I recently moved to the Plymouth area but have camped in Plymouth since I was a little girl.
- I have had two dogs of my own, a 16 yr old pug who we lost recently, and a dachshund who I rescued from a shelter in Maine.
- It has always been a dream of mine to work with animals and I feel honored to pursue that dream at Just Around the Corner. I’m very excited to meet some of your furry friends!
“Animals are such agreeable friends – they ask no questions – pass no criticisms.” George Eliot
- I live in Plymouth with my husband and two rescues – Chester, an old husky/lab mix and Poe, a Siamese mix.
- I’ve spent the past few years as a nanny in Alaska, but always seemed to be taking care of someone’s animals while they were away on vacation or work trips. Thankfully the kids loved being around animals as much as I do!
- My entire life I have been so fascinated by animals of all kinds, and when I happened upon a job opening at Just Around the Corner, it sounded too good to be true: spending my days taking care of, walking, and playing with fur-kids of all shapes and sizes! Working for JAC is my dream job, and I’m looking forward to making new pet friends, and ensuring that while you’re away they are happy and loved!
- Pet First Aid Certified
“It takes nothing away from a human to be kind to an animal.” – Joaquin Phoenix
- I lived in Carver for 18 years, but recently moved to Plymouth. I attended Johnson & Wales University in Providence, RI and graduated with my BS in Culinary Arts and Food Service Management.
- I love being outside in all weather. Being able to experience every unique season is something I have always loved about living in New England.
- In my free time I like to go for walks and hikes, sew, cook, meditate, and listen to live music. I am also delighted by all things Disney.
- I love working with animals. I cannot have a pet of my own due to my housing arrangement, but I plan to adopt a rescue dog when I can. I am thrilled to be working at Just Around the Corner, and look forward to meeting your pets and taking care of them with love.
- Pet First Aid Certified
“Why worry? If you’ve done the very best you can, worrying won’t make it any better.” -Walt Disney
- My introduction to “man’s best friend” came to me as a Beagle mix from North Carolina affectionately known as Daisy Dawg. For the past two years I’ve enjoyed living in the Pinehills and exploring the meandering trails with my happy little Daisy.
- I’m a Massachusetts native, with a BA in English, MS in Library Science, and three grown sons all now in their 20’s.
- Working with Just Around the Corner, I appreciate that neighbors have entrusted us with their families’ needs. I am proud to be associated with a company that does the utmost to deserve this trust, that cares deeply about the needs of families and their beloved pets, as well as the needs of employees. Not only do I get the satisfaction of knowing that I am helping others, I really love getting to know and spending time with my new precious friends just around the corner.
“Such short little lives our pets have to spend with us, and they spend most of it waiting for us to come home each day. It is amazing how much love and laughter they bring into our lives and even how much closer we become with each other because of them.”~ John Grogan