Serving Plymouth, Manomet, Pine Hills, Cedarville, & Sagamore Beach MA
Our Pet Sitters
Pam R., Owner of Just Around The Corner Pet Sitting
- I live in Plymouth, MA where I am owned by my wonderful animal “children”, Quinn and Harbour, my Newfoundlands and my cats Toby and Violet. Over the years, I have fostered many dogs for the Newfoundland Rescue Organization.
- In addition, I proudly assist shelters in finding just the right connection for the many strays in need of love and companionship. I have taken classes in pet first aid and CPR and am trained in administering medications, injections and fluids.
- Over the years, my interests have taken me to many facets of life. But, throughout all of these experiences, my love and passion for animals has always been first and foremost and has never wavered. Proudly, since starting my business here in Plymouth, MA in 2008, my pet sitting service has grown from a one-person company, to a wonderful team of employees who care for all the kitties, dogs and pets that we have the honor of taking care of every day. Many clients have expressed that our services bring them peace of mind, knowing their pets are in capable, loving, and caring hands. If given the opportunity, we will care for your pets just as we treat our own, with total love and affection. In addition, we will do so with the utmost respect for your animals and your home.
- As one of my clients said in a recent testimonial: “Thank you very much for your kind services, your dedication to people and pets, and the overall commitment to excellence that you exude in all aspects of your conduct and with the staff you employ.” ! Thank you for taking the time to look at our website and we look forward to meeting you and taking care of all your pet’s needs!
- Certified Pet First Aid Instructor
“I care not for a man’s religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it.” Abraham Lincoln
Pet Care Coordinators
Ellen D., Pet Care Coordinator
- I have lived in Plymouth for more than 30 years, and am owned by my beautiful cats Susie, Blue, and Sasha.
- Over the years I have been a teacher, Massage Therapist, college instructor, program director, and mom. My role as Pet Care Coordinator for Just Around the Corner is among the most fulfilling ones. I love getting to know you and your pets and finding ways to help them to get the care they need and deserve.
- Starting as a pet care client of Just Around the Corner, I quickly became a huge fan. I am excited and honored to use my teaching, organizing, customer service and office experience as part of this fantastic team of Pet Care Professionals.
- Pet First Aid Certified
“Happiness is a warm puppy” Charles M. Schulz
Tom K, Assistant Pet Care Coordinator
- I grew up in Washington, DC, Arlington, VA and Wilmington, DE. I moved to Plymouth in 2014.
- I love animals, especially dogs. I grew up with Rough Collies, and have had may different kinds since then, mostly rescues. I now have two pups, a miniature dachshund named George, and a rescue part chihuahua, part King Charles Spaniel named Sierra.
- I spent my career in the Financial Sector doing various jobs. Now semi-retired, I recently joined the staff of JAC, and I love working with the various pets while working in the office doing reports, spreadsheets, scheduling, etc. It is a great place to work!
“Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant” – Robert Louis Stevenson
- I grew up with cats and dogs around me, and I am currently ordered around by my 12-year-old fur baby, Kevin. I have always loved animals and being outside, and I just can’t resist an animal who’s happy to see me! My favorite animal other than cats and dogs is the desert spadefoot toad.
- I very recently moved to the beautiful Plymouth area from Long Island, and I’m very happy to be back in New England! There is so much to see and do here, and the area is history rich. I have a master’s degree in Library and Information Studies, so I’m excited to learn!
- In my free time, I enjoy swimming, knitting, reading, cosplaying, and going to concerts. I played rugby throughout college, so I’m tough and enjoy a challenge! I am so excited to be working at JAC, and meeting everyone’s pet has been absolutely delightful.
- Pet First Aid Certified
“Not in doing what you like, but in liking what you do is the secret of happiness.” —J.M. Barrie
Meet the Pet Sitters
- I grew up with dogs, cats, turtles and guinea pigs. While raising my two children, I had a black Labrador Retriever named Duke who LOVED people, especially me and my kids. After Duke, I had a chocolate Lab named Shadow. We have also had several hamsters because we wanted our children to love all animals.
- I have lived in Plymouth for over 30 years. I love this area of Plymouth (Cedarville) because of its ponds and beaches. I like the fact that we are close to the canal, Cape Cod, Bourne and Buzzards Bay and all of Plymouth, MA.
- Right now I own a little Jack Russell Terrier mix named Frankie. Frankie was a Rescue dog and he is the Joy of my Life. My little boy. I cannot imagine not owning a dog. I think I will always have a dog and maybe someday a cat.
- I cannot wait to meet your furry friend/pet. Please know that your dog or cat (pet) is in good hands with the love I have for all animals.
- Pet First Aid Certified
“I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive.” Gilda Radner
- I grew up surrounded by multiple fur babies. I was in 4H and raised sheep, cows, rabbits, horses, and lots of other critters! We even had a donkey at one point. Animals make me happy. There is just something about their unconditional love and innocence that is unlike anything else.
- I have lived in Plymouth for more than 13 years and am currently owned by our puppy Elsie, a Jack Russell/Australian Shepherd Mix. We got Elsie after losing our 10-year old Cairn Terrier Tank to Lymphoma after a 2-year battle including Chemotherapy and other treatments. Losing Tank is what brought me to JAC. I thought we would be taking a break from Dogs for a bit (my boyfriend is allergic and I agreed to take a year off…What was I thinking?!) I applied at JAC with the hope of giving my love of fur babies to other people’s fur babies.
“Until one has loved an animal a part of one’s soul remains un-awakened.” Anatole France
- Plymouth has been my home for almost 24 years and for 14 of those years I have had a dog. First, I had Bernese Mountain Dog, Tank, and now a Great Pyrenees/Black Lab mix, Dozer. The 4 months between them made me realize I can never live without a dog or animal in my home again. Dogs really do make a house, a home.
- I graduated from Plymouth South High School in 2014 and Lasell College in 2018, with a Bachelors degree in Graphic Design and Photography. I lived at College in Newton, MA for four years.
- Not having my dog around at college left me with a void I had to fill so I started walking dogs between classes and other responsibilities. Any day I got to walk or care for a dog was a great day. It was always rewarding to see the excitement the dogs had when they saw me. I am so excited to have such a rewarding job again, here at Just Around the Corner!
- Pet First Aid Certified
“My fashion philosophy is, if you’re not covered in dog hair, your life is empty.” Elayne Boosler
- I grew up on a farm in Connecticut and have always been surrounded by animals of all kinds. I started as a lab technician for a veterinary hospital, then added vet tech and vet surgical nurse to the mix. I later became an animal control officer, but found I was adopting every critter I was unable to place. I performed many varied jobs over the years.
- For many of those years, I have owned and operated Balloons for All Reasons, based in Braintree, specializing in balloon décor for special events such as birthday parties, weddings and corporate events. While I still work on occasional balloon décor, I am concentrating my efforts on the animals I have always loved working with.
- I have had a “zoo” of pets, including snakes, a squirrel monkey, numerous raccoons, a few skunks and possums, an octopus, horses, goats, assorted parrots and cockatoos, an owl and crow, and more dogs and cats than I can count.
- I am excited to be working with Just Around the Corner and having the opportunity of meeting your family members, both two- and four-footed, and providing additional love, care, and exercise.
- Pet First Aid Certified
“Look up and not down, look forward and not back, look out and not in and lend a hand.” Edward Everett Hale
- I’ve lived my entire life on the North Shore, but now that our kids have grown, my husband and I have moved to Plymouth, which has always been our plan, since we’ve spent our vacation time in Sandwich for over 25 years.
- I grew up with animals my entire life. We currently have a four year old rescue (Otis), and a 15 year old shih tzu (Harley), from our own litter.
- I have always believed that pets help the emotional and spiritual growth of people of any age. Having pets since our children were born has taught them not only responsibility, but also about the care and unconditional love, both given and received.
- Knowing the importance of the well-being and love we have for our pets, I am excited to have the opportunity to care for yours as if they were my own.
“You make a life out of what you have, not of what you are missing“, Kate Morton, The Forgotten Garden
- Growing up on the Cape, I lived on a farm with an assortment of animals. Goats, chickens, pigs, roosters, dogs, cats, bunnies, snakes, guinea pigs, and hamsters were just some of the animals we raised. Currently I am the mom of my two year old son, my two dogs, one rabbit, and one cat. I also live with my family’s animals which include two more cats and 3 more bunnies.
- In my spare time I like to volunteer at the house rabbit network. Some of the volunteering includes interviewing people who would like to foster or adopt bunnies from the house rabbit network to see if they are aware of the proper pet care that bunnies get. I am also going to school to become a clinical and administrative medical assistant because it has always been in my nature to care for people and animals.
- I absolutely adore being a pet sitter/dog walker for Just Around the Corner. All the employees, pets, and pet owners are amazing and I really enjoy taking care of all different kinds of animals and getting to know their unique personalities. This is a dream job for me and it has been some of the best days of my life giving love to all of the wonderful pets I come into contact with on a daily basis.
“If the kindest souls were rewarded with the longest lives, dogs would outlive us all.” -unknown
- I grew up in a very pet centered home right here in Manomet MA where six indoor cats was considered a low number and we didn’t bother keeping count of the strays we cared for since it seemed to grow everyday. My first dog was a sweetheart named Katie, a rescue pup who was so curious about the world around her and was happy to explore with me.
- I now have two small Chihuahuas, a short haired girl we call Rosie and a long haired girl we call Olivia. We have three indoor cats, Cinnamon and Cookie who were both the runt of their litter. There’s also my baby girl, my best friend in the whole wide world Mittens who if asked will tell you she runs the house, though the other two disagree. I have taken care of reptiles in the past though right now we have none.
- I’m a budding writer who hopes to one day publish several of my stories, long and short. I plan to finish my Associates next fall before seeking a higher form of education. I’ve been eager to spend my time walking and running when I can, rain or shine, I love to be outside and exercise. When I’m not exercising my body I exercise my mind and my voice with lots of singing and meditation.
- Working with Just Around the Corner means I get to be out and about with all sorts of animals. I adore every animal I’ve met and I look forward to falling in love with yours.
“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” ~Friedrich Nietzsche
- I enjoy spending time with our yellow labrador, Teddy, especially long walks in the woods or on the beach. I didn’t own a dog until later on in life and now we own our 3rd Labrador!
- Growing up we had cats, birds and goldfish.
- I enjoy hiking and walking. It is always nice to share the experience with a furry friend.
“Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.” Pele
- I have been taking care of dogs and cats my whole life. I’ve had my own pets, plus I volunteered at an Animal Shelter for 8 years.
- I am also certified in animal CPR.
- I split my time between my Florida home and Plymouth. When I am here, I enjoy working at JAC watching your pet while you are not at home!
“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that’s why it’s called the present.” Winnie the Pooh
- I have lived in Plymouth, MA all my life and have been around animals for the majority of it. Some of the animals I have been around include dogs, cats, rats, bunnies, birds, and chickens.
- I am currently enrolled as a student at the University of New England in Biddeford, ME where I am studying Animal Behavior. In my free time, I volunteer at the Animal Welfare Society in Kennebunk, ME where I socialize animals, take the dogs out for walks, and assist with some basic training classes.
- When I am home, I enjoy spending time with my 7 year-old black lab mix, Zoe. We typically like to spend our time going for long walks, sometimes on the beach as well as going for long hikes through the woods.
“When I look into the eyes of an animal, I do not see an animal. I see a living being. I see a friend. I feel a soul.” ~ A.D. Williams
- I grew up in Duxbury but recently moved to Plymouth. I graduated from the University of Massachusetts Amherst in 2023 with my Bachelor of Science in Speech-Language and Hearing Sciences, a second major in Psychology, and a Letter of Specialization in Developmental Disabilities and Human Services.
- My cherished companion is an adorable French Bulldog named Truffle. Truffle has brought an abundance of joy and love into my life. As my loyal and beloved pet, she fills my days with laughter and companionship. I cannot imagine a life without the presence of a furry friend, and Truffle holds a special place in my heart. She even went to college with me as an Emotional Support Animal!
- In my free time, I enjoy taking pictures, reading, and cooking
- I am thrilled to be joining the incredible team at Just Around the Corner and embarking on this new journey. The anticipation of meeting everyone’s beloved pets is truly a dream come true for me. I cannot wait to provide the best possible care and attention to your pets, ensuring they feel loved and cherished in your absence. Just Around the Corner is renowned for its commitment to excellence, and I am grateful for the chance to be a part of this wonderful organization and look forward to positively impacting the lives of the furry family members we serve.
“Animals are such agreeable friends ― they ask no questions; they pass no criticisms.” – George Eliot
- I am a retired teacher living in Plymouth with my husband and 19-year-old son. Our Black Lab, Daisy and our Tree Walking Coonhound Mix, Lady, keep us active!
- When I’m not at home with them, I enjoy spending time helping my parents in West Yarmouth in addition to hanging with and riding my biggest baby – my 9-year-old horse, Max. I also take care of our 9 hens who are kind enough to repay us with delicious fresh eggs!
“Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished.” ~Lao Tzu
- I’ve lived in Plymouth for about 5 years now, having grown up mostly in Kingston.
- Right now I have a new puppy of my own. She’s an Australian shepherd/border collie mix and it quite hyper! I take her on walks, and spend time playing with her.
- I look forward to spending time with your pets!
- I have always had the pleasure of the company of animals throughout my life. When I started living independently as an adult, after securing an apartment, one of the first things I did was adopt two cats!
- Since that first adoption, I have always looked to keep my fur family strong, and today my family includes one dog and one cat. They even snuggle together regularly, which I find incredibly endearing.
- My family and I have lived in Plymouth for 10 years, and before that I lived in Providence and the Catskills. I am a parent and a middle school teacher, and in my free time I enjoy traveling, reading, and cooking.
“Each little thing we do goes out, like a ripple, into the world,” Jacqueline Woodson.
- I have lived in Plymouth since the day I was born. I have loved to explore different towns and cities with my dog Sophie since the day I got my license.
- Throughout my life I have owned and taken care of just about every kind of pet. Animals have always been one of, if not the biggest part of my life along with my passion for music. I’ve always felt animals can understand the feeling when playing them music, so I use my music to bond with animals.
- In my free time I like spending time with my dog (#1!), playing/writing music, reading, movies, photography,taking small driving trips, or just going for walks. If it’s a stay inside kind of day, some video games never hurt
- I have never worked in the animal profession before — truly a big Thank You to you and to JAC for the opportunity. Previous jobs have been factory work, retail, and hospitality work with nursing homes. Because of my training in hospitality, and because I have always felt I have an inner knack for understanding animals, I feel this is truly the job for me, and I hope your animal, a dog, cat, bird, or any kind enjoys my company and thinks I’m right for them as well!!
“In criticism I will be bold, and as sternly, absolutely just with friend and foe. From this purpose nothing shall turn me.” – Edgar Allen Poe