Serving Plymouth, Manomet, Pine Hills, Cedarville, Buzzards Bay, & Sagamore Beach MA
Most Frequently Asked Pet Sitting Questions
How long are your visits?
Our visits are normally 30 minutes. You can request longer visits if needed
I have a house full of pets, how much is it per pet?
- It’s the same price for one as it is for 5 pets
- We charge by time. You may request longer visits if necessary to take care of multiple pets
When is your first and last visit during the day?
- Our first visit is anywhere from 6am to 9am
- Our last visit is from 7pm to 9pm
- We are flexible though, within reason
Can you get our mail and water plants while we are gone?
- Plants, we will water but aren’t our forte so we aren’t responsible for their well being
Do you take trash out to the curb on trash day?
Yes we can do that, just let us know what day it is
Will anyone else be coming into my home?
No, only Just Around The Corner employees are allowed in your home
What if we run out of food or supplies while we are gone?
- Just let us know what we can grab for them and we will buy it
- You will be charged for the cost of the supplies
We have a cleaning service come twice a month, is this a problem if they are there when you are there?
- Normally no, it is not a problem but we need to know ahead of time so we aren’t spooked if someone is in your home
- If we aren’t made aware that they will be there ahead of time we don’t come in (for the safety of our staff)
My neighbors are going to help us in the mornings so we just need you to come over in the afternoons and evenings, how does that work?
- Unfortunately, we can not co-share any pet sitting jobs with family, neighbors or friends
- Our insurance company has strict policies against this
We will be out of the country, what happens if there is an emergency?
- An emergency contact must be supplied in Power Pet Sitter before we start services
- The emergency contact will be the one that will make any major decisions on your behalf if we can’t get a hold of you
Can you walk my dog too?
Absolutely, it is part of the pet sitting service
Our dogs have a doggie door so I only need one visit a day to check on them, is that okay?
- We have a 2 visit a day policy for dogs with access to the outdoors
- We are also not liable for dogs who have access to the outside while under our care
Our cats are very independent and we only need you to come over every other day, how does that work?
Sorry, we have a daily cat sitting policy in place for the best interest of your kitty cat
My cat (or dog) are outside pets, can you just check on them once a day?
- We can not accept pet sitting jobs where pets are left outside 24/7 for 2 reasons:
- #1. Our insurance does not want that liability and neither do we
- #2. To be honest we don’t believe fur kids should live outside.
Do you charge extra for administering medication?
Nope, it is part of the pet sitting rate
My dog needs someone to snuggle with at night, can you spend the night? If so, how long do you stay at our house?
- If your pup has special needs give us a call and we can see what we can do!
- It is our goal to give you “Peace of Mind” while you are away. We can come up with a plan that best fits your needs.
Most Frequently Asked Dog Walking Questions
How long will you walk my dog for?
- Usually, our visits are about 25 to 30 minutes over the lunch hour
- You can request longer walks such as 45 minutes and 60 minutes
- We can customize the walk to your dog’s needs
What if I have to cancel a dog walk?
- No problem, you can cancel the same day if you need to
- As long as we aren’t on our way or at your home you will not be charged
How do I know if my dog will be safe with Just Around The Corner?
- We are extremely cautious and try to be as proactive as we can
- We have a checklist that we follow at each visit to make sure we are following all company policies
- We would absolutely 100% feel terrible and probably have to close up shop if something should ever happen to one of our hounds
Why do you need a key?
Garage codes are great but there has been an occasion or two where the power went out or the battery went dead and we couldn’t get in to walk, leaving us with the dreaded dog guilt and unhappy hound
Do you pick up my dog’s poop? If so where do you put it?
- Yes we pick up #2’s (a lot of #2’s in fact)
- If we can find a park garbage can to dump it in we will do that
- Otherwise, we will leave it where you tell us to
Where Do You Keep My Key?
Keys while walking and pet sitting are kept on our bodies
What if I don’t want my dog walked but just let out to potty? Is it the same price?
- Yes it is the same price as a dog walk
- We can play fetch in the backyard
- Chill out inside or whatever your dog prefers to do
Do you walk in the winter? What if it’s too cold outside?
- Yes we walk throughout the cold winter months
- If the wind chills are in the below teens we will keep our walks to a brief potty break with playtime inside
- For smaller pups, we limit their exposure to the elements if they are uncomfortable
- Usually the mid-sized to big hounds LOVE walking in the winter
What about the summer months? My dog hates the heat!
- The heat actually is harder on most dogs then the cold
- We will limit our walks in hot temperatures to 15 minutes or so
- We walk in the shade as much as possible
- Carry a water bottle for the pups too
What about if it’s raining, do you walk my dog then?
- Yes we will walk in the rain
- An exception would be if there was lightning or a downpour
- Most dogs don’t like being wet but we try to get them out there
- We will have a towel with us to wipe bellies and paws
- We would appreciate if you would have a spare towel for us as well
Can I schedule a dog walk at night or on the weekends?
We can walk your dog on the weekends or at night
Will my dog(s) be the only dog walked or do you walk with other dogs?
- Yes, your dog will be the only one on their walk
- We do not do pack walking
Where is your service area for dog walking?
- Pine Hills
- Sagamore Beach
- Buzzards Bay
Have you ever lost a dog before?
- Goodness no (knock on wood 100x’s)
- That would be the worst feeling in the world
- We do everything we can at all times to prevent losing a hound
What happens if a dog is loose while you are out walking my dog?
- This has happened a lot unfortunately
- We all carry a deterrent spray on us to hopefully prevent a dog from attacking us
- If we can pick a dog up we will
- We also all have a dog behavior manual that everyone must read that explains what to do in these types of situations
Are you insured and bonded? How long have you been doing this?
- Yes Just Around The Corner is fully insured through and we are also bonded
- We have been in business since 2008
Will you run with my dog or just walk?
We can power walk your dog but currently, we do not offer dog running (unless someone is chasing us with a knife, then we will run for sure!
How many walkers will have access to my house?
- I like to have 2 walkers per client and then me (Pam) as the backup walker
- It’s important to me to have a backup in place if a walker can’t make it
Can you text or email me after each walk?
- Pictures and text messages can be sent if wanted
- Detailed notes are left at each visit