Serving Plymouth, Manomet, Pine Hills, Cedarville, Buzzards Bay, & Sagamore Beach MA
Our Pet Sitters
Pam R., Owner of Just Around The Corner Pet Sitting
- I live in Plymouth, MA where I am owned by my wonderful rescue animal “children”, Misha, a sweet Newfoundland and my two cats Toby and Fenwick. Over the years, I have fostered many dogs for the Newfoundland Rescue Organization.
- In addition, I proudly assist shelters in finding just the right connection for the many strays in need of love and companionship. I have taken classes in pet first aid and CPR and am trained in administering medications, injections and fluids.
- Over the years, my interests have taken me to many facets of life. But, throughout all of these experiences, my love and passion for animals has always been first and foremost and has never wavered. Proudly, since starting my business here in Plymouth, MA in 2008, my pet sitting service has grown from a one-person company, to a wonderful team of employees who care for all the kitties, dogs and pets that we have the honor of taking care of every day. Many clients have expressed that our services bring them peace of mind, knowing their pets are in capable, loving, and caring hands. If given the opportunity, we will care for your pets just as we treat our own, with total love and affection. In addition, we will do so with the utmost respect for your animals and your home.
- As one of my clients said in a recent testimonial: “Thank you very much for your kind services, your dedication to people and pets, and the overall commitment to excellence that you exude in all aspects of your conduct and with the staff you employ.” ! Thank you for taking the time to look at our website and we look forward to meeting you and taking care of all your pet’s needs!
“I care not for a man’s religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it.” Abraham Lincoln
Meet the Pet Care Coordinator
- I have lived in Plymouth for more than 25 years, and am owned by my beautiful cats (Susie, Blue, Lily and Sasha).
- I started several years ago as a customer of Just Around the Corner, and quickly became a huge fan. When I found out that Pam needed help around the office, I was excited to bring my teaching, organizing, and office experience to become part of the team.
- In my other life I am a 20+ year massage therapist, and I have taught massage and run a massage therapy program at Cape Cod Community College and other massage schools.
- My cat, Crystal, who died a few years ago at age 18, taught me to use my training in Reiki and Craniosacral therapy with all of my clients. She also taught me to slow down and enjoy sitting with the flowers.
“A meow massages the heart.” – Stuart McMillan
Meet our HR and Social Media Mentor
Sarah Jane T.
- Having grown up in Arkansas my love of animals started at a very young age. From dogs to donkeys I have always embraced the spirit animals have and what their love can teach me.
- After my husband and I made the move from Boston to Manomet in May of 2017 I was looking for a new line of work. Something more in line with my love of life. Who better to show a person how to live and love than an animal?!
- I am incredibly thankful that life has led me to more four-legged friends than I could have ever imagined.
“I am not an activist; I do not look for controversy. I am not a political person, but I am a person with compassion. I care passionately about equal rights. I care about human rights. I care about animal rights.” ~Ellen DeGeneres
Meet the Pet Sitters
- I grew up with dogs, cats, turtles and guinea pigs. While raising my two children, I had a black Labrador Retriever, named Duke who LOVED people and especially me and my kids. Then, I owned a chocolate Labrador Retriever, named Shadow. We wanted our children to love all animals too. We had several hamsters also.
- I have lived in Plymouth for 29 years. I love this area of Plymouth (Cedarville) because of it’s ponds and beaches. I like the fact that we are close to the canal, Cape Cod, Bourne and Buzzards Bay and all of Plymouth, MA.
- Right now my husband and I own a little Jack Russell Terrier mix, named Frankie. Frankie was a Rescue dog and he is the “Joy of my Life”. My little boy. I cannot imagine not owning a dog. I think I will always have a dog and maybe someday a cat.
- I cannot wait to meet your furry friend/pet. Please know that your dog or cat (pet) is in good hands with the love I have for all animals.
“I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive.” ~ Gilda Radner
- Ruth and I raised our four children in Braintree along with one or more Springer Spaniels as our fifth child. The kids loved the dogs but they also had mice, gerbils, rabbits, hamster’s snakes, crickets and various other pets along the way. It was sort of a little zoo at times.
- I retired from a career in technology about five years ago and love having more time with our Springer Spaniel Jessie. She is eight years old now, and starting to slow down just a little bit although she still runs for the door as soon as I pick up her leash.
- I love walking dogs and meeting new breeds that I never had the pleasure to be around. Each one is different and special in their own way. I look forward to doing this for many years to come.
“You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, ‘My God, you’re right! I never would’ve thought of that!'” ~ Dave Barry
- Lived in Plymouth for most of my life, married with a 12-year-old son. I enjoy spending time with my family and friends, listening to many kinds of music, and reading books and newspapers. I am an avid sports fan, especially hockey and football. My two favorite teams are the Bruins and the Patriots.
- I currently have two rescue animals, a dog named Mazzy and a Conure named Lloyd. Our animals are a big part of our family. I enjoy taking Mazzy out for walks around the neighborhood and going for rides. Mazzy and Lloyd are always with us; either outside in the yard or downstairs in the playroom with us, watching TV and hanging out with the family.
- After being a real estate paralegal for almost twenty years, I recently chose to make a career change into animal care. I’ve always been passionate about animals, especially dogs. I have had dogs for most of my life. I frequently watch my family & friends’ dogs when they go on vacation. I recently worked as a dog kennel manager at a Plymouth kennel. The kennel was home to golden retrievers that varied in age from newborns to adults.
- I look forward to meeting many, many more animals while working at Just Around the Corner. I will treat your animals with the utmost care and respect, as though they are one of my own.
“A dog can express more with his tail in minutes than his owner can express with his tongue in hours” ~Anonymous.
- Growing up I was always surrounded by animals: dogs, cats, rabbits, ferrets, rats, you name it! I currently live with my Rottweiler Bowser, my pit mix Savanna and my cat Kira.
- As an all-weather type of person and a lover of anything water, Plymouth is the perfect place for me! I enjoy getting out for walks in all seasons, as well as swimming and kayaking.
- I have always known I wanted to work with animals. I have worked as a dog bather, at two doggie daycares, and as a pack walker. I graduated from Animal Behavior College in obedience training and have volunteered as a doggie foster mother. I have been working with dogs professionally for over 5 years.
“One way to get the most out of life is to look upon it as an adventure.” ~William Feather
- Born in England, immigrated to the US with my parents, moved to Plymouth about 5 years ago to be closer to them when they got sick. Love the town, hate the summer traffic!
- Have had a parade of cats in my life: Sooty, Pinkie, MIsty, Jasper, BAby, Bear, Stripes, Teddy, Simba and my most recent fur baby, Pippa. Always wanted a dog, but couldn’t due to housing concerns, so I am more than happy to take care of YOUR fur baby!
- Have watched other people’s pets for years — including dogs, cats, fish, guinea pigs, ferrets, big and small birds, snakes, rabbits, even hermit crabs!
- Wanted to do this job for some time as I am a stroke survivor, caused by an undetected heart defect. My recovery is ongoing, as it took me over 2 years to recover the ability to speak in complete sentences. Working with animals is a great option for me, as one of my disabilities is aphasia, which means that sometimes my speech is garbled, or I have pauses where I am thinking about what to say and how to say it. I have no physical issues at all — my handicap is cognitive (speech, writing), and I have a hard time with “double barreled words” like “windshield wiper blades”. I truly believe the animals sense my speech issues and can see past them.
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.” ~ Gandhi
- Grew up in Sagamore, have lived in Plymouth for the past 10 years. I have a 13-year old son, and a 22-year old daughter (who just graduated as a civil engineer!). Now that my son is old enough, I am ready to get back to work and excited to start a career in pet care.
- I have worked as a caretaker my entire adult life — CNA for the elderly, child care provider at a daycare, massage therapist and energy work practitioner. I also study and practice yoga, Tai Chi/Qigong, and meditation. This helps keep the positive energy flowing!
- Growing up our family always had hunting dogs. They required very disciplined training. Because of this it was ingrained in me at a very young age how to treat and handle dogs and all animals. In high school I worked at the boarding kennel where my mother worked, where they boarded up to 50 cats and 200 dogs. I loved it there!
- I have one cat now, Loki who is 2. I don’t have dogs of my own, but I live vicariously through my best friend and her two dogs, Cooper and Cali, who are in the picture with me. They know me as “Auntie Dina”; I love them so much, and they know it! I look forward to helping you to care for your precious pride and joy – your furry little friends.
“A furever friend doesn’t hold grudges, pass judgement, hate or discriminate. They love unconditionally, and that’s all they want in return!”
- I grew up in Canton, MA and I have always been an animal lover. My nurturing and caring personality makes me a sucker for any cute furry face with a wagging tail! We had a black lab all throughout my childhood and my husband and I now have the sweetest beagle named Mandy.
- We moved slowly down the shore over the years and finally found our forever home down here in South Plymouth. I enjoy staying active and being outdoors; whether it be finding all the great trails to hike with our dog or at the beach relaxing in the sun!
- My other job as a personal trainer allows me to better the lives of people while in the gym. My job as a pet sitter with Just Around the Corner allows me to meet all of the local fur babies to ensure that they are all well taken care of and happy too! Win, Win!
“Be the person that your dog thinks you are”
- Recently retired from Active Duty military service and moved back to the South Shore to reconnect with family and friends. This is such a dream opportunity to work with animals as I begin my next chapter in life. During my service I had the opportunity to work with numerous breeds of animals both large and small.
- I currently have two amazing rescue dogs. Charlie is a Border collie mix and Nikko is a Chihuahua mix. We love exploring the trails, beaches and restaurants as I get reacquainted with this beautiful area of Massachusetts.
- As a new member of the JAC team I look forward to caring for and treating your pet as a member of my loving family.
“An animal’s eyes have the power to speak a great language.” Martin Buber
- I grew up in Weymouth, where my parents both bred and showed Shih tzus – 12 of them! You might say dogs run in my blood. Growing up I also had a black lab and my collie, Prince.
- Dance has been my life. I was a Theater and Dance major, and have owned and run a dance studio. Over the years I achieved many accolades for dance, including dancing for the USFL and as a New England Patriots dancer.
- I have lived in Plymouth for the past 20 years with my family, including my husband and two grown children, and of course my dog, “The Bishop”, the Rottie.
- I am enjoying adding your pets to my “family”, and look forward to spending more time with them!
“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” ― Will Rogers
- Originally from the South Shore, I’ve lived in Plymouth for 15 years. I enjoy cheering on our Boston Sports teams with my three young adult children who’ve always made athletics a part of their lives.
- I’ve been a registered Dental Hygienist for nearly 30 years and continue to practice part time. I’ve always exhibited caretaking traits from a young age including a love for four- legged fur babies! I’ve had experience over the years in pet care for friends, family, and patients.
- I look forward to getting to know new fur pals. I vow I will treat them as if they are my own as I believe animals warm our hearts and put endless smiles on our faces every day!
“ A dog will teach you unconditional love ; if you can have that in your life things won’t be too bad.” – Robert Wagner
- Before moving to Plymouth several years ago I lived and raised my six children in Sandwich. My family’s love for animals and owning lots of land allowed us to nurture horses, chickens, rabbits, dogs and cats and a goat.
- Maneuvering a school bus through the town of Sandwich, picking up 60 children and getting them to and from school safely was my responsibility for 10 years. I then entered the fitness industry, working 25 years as a group fitness instructor and personal trainer.
- Retired now, I still have lots of energy to expend. JAC is a great opportunity for me to lovingly walk dogs and care for cats. I am so lucky to have so many animals to befriend. This is a job that, although some days I may be a little tired, at days end nothing is more gratifying.
- Originally from New Jersey, I moved to Massachusetts when I was 8 years old. I recently moved to Manomet, and I am a psychology major at Quincy College, aspiring to get a master’s degree. I enjoy watching the Bruins and Red Sox.
- I recently became a dog mom to a mini goldendoodle. He loves the beach, playing fetch at the baseball field, and all people and other dogs! I love being outdoors so having a very active puppy is definitely a plus.
- All animals have a soft spot in my heart! Being a new dog mom has really opened my eyes to the care that should be given to every animal. I look forward to meeting you and your pets!
- I have lived in Plymouth for the last 15 years – the most recent 10 as a stay at home mom. I have always loved being around animals – especially dogs. There is definitely canine DNA in my soul.
- I am Mom to three beautiful girls — my nine year old daughter Tatiana, who is the light of my life, a chocolate lab Caina – the protector of the family, and a black Labrador Dahlia – just the snuggliest sweetest pup you will ever want to meet.
- In my free time I enjoy spending time with my family, crafting with polymer clay, reading, singing, dancing and I am a huge Harry Potter and Star Wars fan.
- I am very grateful for the opportunity to meet so many new and awesome fuzzy friends and get to spend time doing what I love!
“We cannot know what will occur. Just make the journey worth the taking. And pray we’re wiser than we were.in the beginning.” From the musical Children of Eden
- I grew up surrounded by multiple fur babies. I was in 4H and raised sheep, cows, rabbits, horses, and lots of other critters! We even had a donkey at one point. Animals make me happy. There is just something about their unconditional love and innocence that is unlike anything else.
- I have lived in Plymouth for the past 13 years and am currently owned by our 7-month old Jack Russel/Austrian Shepherd Mix, Elsie. We got Elsie after losing our 10-year old Cairn Terrier to Lymphoma after a 2-year battle including Chemotherapy and other treatments. Losing Tank is what brought me to JAC. I thought we would be taking a break from Dogs for a bit (my boyfriend is allergic and I agreed to take a year off…What was I thinking?!) I applied at JAC with the hope of giving my love of fur babies to other people’s fur babies.
“Until one has loved an animal a part of one’s soul remains un-awakened.” Anatole France
- Plymouth has been my home for almost 24 years and for 14 of those years I have had a dog. First, I had Bernese Mountain Dog, Tank, and now a Great Pyrenees/Black Lab mix, Dozer. The 4 months between them made me realize I can never live without a dog or animal in my home again. Dogs really do make a house, a home.
- I graduated from Plymouth South High School in 2014 and Lasell College in 2018, with a Bachelors degree in Graphic Design and Photography. I lived at College in Newton, MA for four years.
- Not having my dog around at college left me with a void I had to fill so I started walking dogs between classes and other responsibilities. Any day I got to walk or care for a dog was a great day. It was always rewarding to see the excitement the dogs had when they saw me. I am so excited to have such a rewarding job again, here at Just Around the Corner!
“My fashion philosophy is, if you’re not covered in dog hair, your life is empty.” – Elayne Boosler
- I graduated from Watertown High and worked with dogs for over 2 years in that area. It was the best experience!
- I love hanging out with friends and hiking with our dogs, and I like going to the beach. I recently moved to the Plymouth area but have camped in Plymouth since I was a little girl.
- It has always been a dream of mine to work with animals and I feel honored to pursue that dream at Just Around the Corner! I have two dogs of my own, a 16 yr old pug I have had since I was very young and an 8 yr old dachshund who I rescued 4 years ago from a shelter in Maine. I’m very excited to meet some of your furry friends!
“Animals are such agreeable friends – they ask no questions – pass no criticisms.” George Eliot
- I live in Plymouth with my husband and two rescues – Chester, an old husky/lab mix and Poe, a Siamese mix.
- I’ve spent the past few years as a nanny in Alaska, but always seemed to be taking care of someone’s animals while they were away on vacation or work trips. Thankfully the kids loved being around animals as much as I do!
- My entire life I have been so fascinated by animals of all kinds, and when I happened upon a job opening at Just Around the Corner, it sounded too good to be true: spending my days taking care of, walking, and playing with fur-kids of all shapes and sizes! Working for JAC is my dream job, and I’m looking forward to making new pet friends, and ensuring that while you’re away they are happy and loved!
“It takes nothing away from a human to be kind to an animal.” – Joaquin Phoenix
- I lived in Carver for 18 years, but recently moved to Plymouth. I attended Johnson & Wales University in Providence, RI and graduated with my BS in Culinary Arts and Food Service Management.
- I love being outside in all weather. Being able to experience every unique season is something I have always loved about living in New England.
- In my free time I like to go for walks and hikes, sew, cook, meditate, and listen to live music. I am also delighted by all things Disney.
- I love working with animals. I cannot have a pet of my own due to my housing arrangement, but I plan to adopt a rescue dog when I can. I am thrilled to be working at Just Around the Corner, and look forward to meeting your pets and taking care of them with love.
“Why worry? If you’ve done the very best you can, worrying won’t make it any better.” -Walt Disney