JAC Dog Walking & Pet Sitting’s New Normal
Even in the “New Normal” world there are pets (thank goodness!) and those pets need to be cared for! We at Just Around the Corner have worked diligently to enhance safety for our clients, their pets, and our employees. Aside from masks and extra sanitizing we hope our furry friends won’t even notice a difference! These last few months have had us asking things like… How will we ever return to “normal”? What will the NEW normal look like? Can we reopen? If so, WHEN? What can we change to ensure the safety of our family, friends and clients? All questions that you may have asked yourself recently too, right? Fear not, your favorite pet care company has the answers for you regarding our services and the adjustments we are making.
Before the job starts
- If an employee is not feeling well or discovers any safety/health concerns they will immediately contact the office and their schedule will be reassigned until they are back to feeling 100%.
- We ask that if you as a client will be home during the scheduled visit and are not feeling i.e. fever, body aches, cough, etc. that you contact the office immediately to reschedule your pet’s visits.
- Minimizing exposure is of the utmost importance to us, and while it may not always be convenient we are committed to the safety of our clients, your pets, and our employees.
On the Job
- All employees will wear an approved face mask covering both the nose & mouth for the duration of every visit.
- Antibacterial sanitizer will be used by all employees several times throughout each visit.
- Employees will sanitize directly before starting each visit or touching any part of client property including but not limited to lockboxes, gates, newspapers/mail & doors.
- In order to keep exposure to a minimum we will be handling only what is necessary to care for each pet.
- We will continue to use the client’s designated collars/harnesses/leashes and encourage our walkers to disinfect prior to and post use.
- Moving forward we will not be handling toys, treats, food dishes or water dishes in an effort to minimize exposure for everyone.
- We urge you to leave extra water out (if needed) for your pet(s). You are welcome to leave specified treats or pre-portioned food in their bowls on the counter if you would like your pet to receive those things during their visit.
- Our walkers/pet care associates will also be practicing safe social distancing (6’ apart) at all times.
New Chat Feature
We are excited to introduce the new Chat Feature as a replacement to our previously handwritten notes. PPS (Power Pet Sitter) now has a mobile app with a Chat Feature. When you log into the PPS app, you will see a new box in your visit labeled “chat”. When you tap on the Chat button you will see that a note is waiting for you from your walker/sitter for that day. This will, again, help to limit the number of items touched and overall exposure during each visit. PLUS, you will get to see the note as soon as your visit is complete, no more waiting until you get home to see how it went for the day. YAY! Please note: We will no longer be leaving handwritten notes at the end of each visit as these awesome messages will replace those. Please download the app today! Android, Apple
At the JAC Office
Management at JAC will continue working diligently to keep our team safe and healthy as we make this transition into our “new normal” as safe and easy as possible. We have created these new guidelines in accordance with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and all State and local municipalities in response to Coronavirus.
At Just Around the Corner our mission has always been “Peace of Mind for our clients” and “One size does not fit all”. Please know that within these new guidelines we will continue to take situations/requests on a case by case basis. If something listed above may cause harm/discomfort to you as a pet owner or your pet, we are available to discuss the situation with you and come up with a positive solution for everyone involved.
We are all in this together and look forward to our soft reopening May 18th. Please do not hesitate to call or email with questions or concerns. We are here for you and your fur babies, always. 508-245-1389 or [email protected]